Thomas Wahlig advises national and international corporations and group of companies on all matters of individual and collective labor law. He has particular experience in the fields of acquisition and restructuring of companies, legal issues concerning transfer of undertaking, collective agreements, as well as representing employers in matters of negotiations with the conciliation board and complex court proceedings. A further field of his expertise is the introduction of working time models and remuneration schemes. Moreover, Thomas Wahlig has advised numerous clients on complex labor law issues including the termination of the membership in the employers association, changes regarding the applicable collective bargaining agreement and joint efforts with the works council to restructure companies. He is regularly of assistance to executives when they change their employer. Thomas Wahlig is a lecturer at the AnwaltAkademie and at the Management Circle.
Moreover, he is co-author of a key word commentary to labor law, which was published in autumn 2011 by the Nomos-Verlag. He has also written numerous other articles for journals specializing in labor law.
Thomas Wahlig has been recommended as one of Germany’s leading Labor Law specialists by Chambers Europe, International Who´s Who Legal, Best Lawyers and the Handelsblatt.
born in Münster
Graduate Studies at University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada
Graduate Studies at the Free University of Berlin
Research assistant in civil law, commercial law, law theory and methodology under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Leenen, Freie Universität Berlin
Lawyer at Haarmann, Hemmelrath & Partner, partner since 2002, Head of Practice Group Labor Law since 2005
Certified labor and employment law specialist
Partner at Salans LLP, Head of Practice Group Labour Law
Partner at Pusch Wahlig Workplace Law
Language skills: German, English, Spanish
- Ranked as “Best Lawyers’ 2011 Berlin Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers
- Listed by “Best Lawyers“ since 2009 as one of the recommended employment law specialists in Germany
- Listed by “Handelsblatt” among “Germany’s Best Lawyers” 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Listed by „Who’s Who Legal” since 2015 as a world-wide leading lawyer for labor & employment law
- Listed by “The Legal 500 Germany” since 2013 as one of the recommended employment law specialists in Germany
- Listed by JUVE since 2011 as recommended employment lawyer
- Lecturer for Management Circle AG: “Labour and Employment Law related aspects for managing directors”
- Lecturer at AnwaltAkademie and “Arbeitsrechtstag Berlin”
- Lecturer at Free University of Berlin
- Member of the European Employment Law Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of Rotary Club Berlin Luftbrücke